Saturday 1 October 2011

The Plan

I'm a big fan of a local bar.  It's called Inspire, cleverly because it is in an old church spire.  They serve a large selection of beers from around the world, have a wonderful atmosphere and a great staff working the bar.  It's not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Because of Inspire I was introduced to Alexander Wines which is managed by the same people.

Last night after a particularly long week of work following a series of long weeks at work I realised it's been quite a while since I sat down with a really nice beer.  Coincidently I had my car with me so on the way home dropped by to pick up something cool refreshing and interesting.

It's a common saying that no plan survives contact with the enemy and the quest for a cool refreshing beer turned into a carrier bag of delight and the seed of an idea.  That idea is this blog which gives me a perfect excuse to drink more interesting beers.  If I manage to try everything in Inspire and Alexander Wines I'll sneak further afield but I don't think I'm in any real danger.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ian,

    Love the idea of the blog! I'm a bit of a beer freak myself, so I'll read it with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to say where Inspire and Alexander Wines are (even if they don't have their own websites, you could like to Google maps), so followers of your blog can find them if they are in the area.

    Good introduction, though. You will be please to know I am now following your blog. :P

    ReplyDelete