Friday 17 February 2012

More research required

Straffe Hendrik - 11%
A few weeks ago I threw out a blanket statement.  A sweeping and crass generalisation about Belgian brewers, and their habit over overloading the visual senses with beer bottle labels.

I then found the exception that proved the rule.

And another.

And now this one.

Fine I was wrong I accept it.  So bring on the beer.

Here's a Quadrupel from De Halve Maan Brewery.  It appears you wont find it on their website now as it's not on this years plan.

Firstly you wont notice this is an 11% beer from the taste.  That comes a little later as it sinks in and you are trying to type.  Hold it in your mouth for a little while before you swallow and when you do you will realise that it does have quite a kick.

It's a rather complex and malty flavour.  And while it is complex it's also delicious.  If I could survive more than one of these a night I would definitely enjoy it right up till the alcohol poisoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment